You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-27 04:33:35

mrcold

moc freezes

I have been using moc with gnu screen on this machine for a day or two, and today it stopped working correctly.
Halfway through a song, it stopped playing completely and was more or less frozen.  I could still move around within the window, but selecting things did not work.  After a while it froze completely.  I had to kill the screen window to do anything with it.  After that it wouldn't start at all.
I went to htop and found several instances of mocp and killed them all, and it started again, only for the same thing to happen a few minutes later.
I had just created a config file for it, and thought that something there might be causeing this, but deleting that didn't help.
I reinstalled it after deleting the .moc directory completely, but it happened again.

as it stands right now, it is working fine (i had to go into top and kill every instance of "mocp" to start it )  but i think it will happen again.  I have not found any pattern in my actions that is causing the crash.  It just stops playing suddenly.

any idea what might be causing the problem here?

#2 2008-02-27 09:08:26

drag0nl0rd
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Re: moc freezes

What version of moc do you have? Maybe try the latest. I have moc v2.5.0-alpha2 installed and no problems what so ever. Maybe the song file might be corrupted also. Try another music player on that file.

Last edited by drag0nl0rd (2008-02-27 09:08:43)

#3 2008-02-27 13:14:27

dolby

Re: moc freezes

alpha3 is out since a couple of days. it fixes the crash bug with terminal resizes, i have uploaded it to the AUR. http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15389
this version plays only FLAC, MP3, OGG and net streams. if anyone wants to install it take a look at the PKGBUILD first as most (useless imo) features have been disabled

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

Board footer