You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-28 10:50:44

Issh

Xmonad xinerama issues.

I have 2 monitors and am running xmonad with rob's config tweaked a little. But if i open 2 terms and put one on the left and one on the right, so there one workspace 1,2 if i between them they seem to swap over and hop to other workspaces or something odd. Any help? Also how can i use

dynamicLogXinerama :: X ()

with the dynamicLog, im pretty confused by haskell, very different from cosy lua ^^. Thanks for the help

#2 2008-03-11 00:51:37

vogt

Re: Xmonad xinerama issues.

Issh wrote:

I have 2 monitors and am running xmonad with rob's config tweaked a little. But if i open 2 terms and put one on the left and one on the right, so there one workspace 1,2 if i between them they seem to swap over and hop to other workspaces or something odd. Any help?

That is the intended behavior; switching workspaces never changes which screen currently has focus.

To use dynamicLogXinerama: check out the sample config and replace

myLogHook = return ()

with

myLogHook = dynamicLogXinerama

Which should then show you which screen is currently visible with some fancy characters added.... haskell is terrible at explaining errors you make, but it's pretty easy to get a vague understanding by looking at the internals (especially XMonad.Hooks.DynamicLog for your case in the xmonad contrib tarball/repo)

Board footer