You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-06 09:04:57

gunnihinn

Devil's Pie and Evilwm problem

I've just discovered Devil's Pie and I like the idea of it, but I have real problems getting it to work with Evilwm. I've got the version from Community (0.22-1).

For one, the (debug) function does nothing. I've got a file called debug.ds in ~/.devilspie that contains only "(debug)", but Devil's Pie still gives me no info on any window I start. It doesn't matter if I start it with or without the -d flag, it just sits there quietly, and so I can't find out any application or window names.

I've tried guessing a few names, either through obvious stuff like "sonata" or xprop values, but so far I haven't had any luck in getting Devil's Pie to do anything. For example,

(if
  (is (application_name) "Pidgin")
    (center)))

should get me a centered Pidgin window, but nothing happens, and variations on "Pidgin" with all or no caps have the same result.

Has anyone here gotten this program to work with Evilwm, and is there some kind of special trick to it that I'm missing?

#2 2008-03-06 11:49:17

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Devil's Pie and Evilwm problem

evilwm probably doesnt conform to the neccesary standards (netwm or ewmh or something) to work with devils pie.

#3 2008-03-06 14:07:39

gunnihinn

Re: Devil's Pie and Evilwm problem

Looks like it doesn't, devilspie worked fine with Openbox. sad

Board footer