You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-08 00:18:49

justin

Default sound card and Headset woes.

I just bought a Logitech USB Headset 250. I also have an onboard Intel soundcard. I am interested in only using the headset from now on, so my question is, how can I get Arch to completely ignore the existence of the onboard soundcard, so I never run into any conflicts. For example, mpd was playing out of the headset, but Quake 3 was still using my speakers (onboard). I am in the process of reinstalling Arch atm, so I will have a fresh system.

Also, I use kdemod, and hope to use the headset with Teamspeak/Quake3.

#2 2008-03-08 00:48:37

brebs

Re: Default sound card and Headset woes.

See wiki re index=0

#3 2008-03-08 00:49:23

Sjoden
Website

Re: Default sound card and Headset woes.

So you have 1 sound card, builtin to the mobo. You have speakers plugged into those. Then, you have the headset plugged into the speakers, or somewhere else?

Ahh, ok. I googled and that headset is usb, so it has a builtin sound chip. I'm not sure if that lets you choose a primary card or not. Also, I would bet that whichever program you start first matters, like if you started quake first, it would use one card, but if you started it second, after mpd, it'd use the other. You could try running alsaconf, and selecting the headset, or, you may be able to specify which device to use per program. Also, search the wiki for setting up more than one program to access the hardware mixer.

It's not much, but may point you in the right direction.

-Zack

*edit*
Ahh, brebs beat me, well, his info is probably more helpful.

Last edited by Sjoden (2008-03-08 00:51:04)

Board footer