You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-13 17:55:14

madnerves

installed Mplayer-plugin and now I have no sound !

Hi there,

Well, I use archlinux for a couple of months now and i wanted yesterday to play movie from a specific website which I can't remember the name. So i installed mplayer-plugin for firefox to be able to play these video.

When i restarted the computer later in the day, I noticed that the gnome network manager did not even more wake up, and that i had no sound.

I had a look to /etc/sudoers too, because It asked me to enter the admin password which I set up to not to be asking for.

Well, now, i can access the users panels (in gnome) and there is no users displayed. I have no network connection too in the gnome network manager. The software is sheduled to be launched at each session but it doesn't.
I tried to add my user to the audio, storage, usb, stb-admin,... but still impossible to get all my settings back.

Any idea?

Thanks so much

#2 2008-03-13 18:11:51

madnerves

Re: installed Mplayer-plugin and now I have no sound !

Well i don't why this happened but I would like that somebody tell me what happens for my own information.

I just created a new user to see if it was only my account or the whole configuration that was hurt.
So i did, and noticed that everything was working great after I added the new user to all the necessary groups.
So, I went back to my current account and noticed that the sound had come back, and that after I added myself to the network group, I could come back on the internet.

Everything seems great... can somebody tell how this happened and why please?

Thanks

Board footer