You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-16 19:34:14

securitybreach
Website

[SOLVED] KDE replacing certain icons with periods

First of all, I am running Arch  2007.08-2 Core and I running KDEmod (kde 3.5.9). For some reason I am missing certain icons like Home and such on the menu and also on the side of konqueror where is shows locations. It is replacing the icons with a period and I have not changed the default icons either. Here is an attatch screenshot showing what it is doing. I even tried using all defaults in kcontrol think it might be theme related. Also,  I am using the default icon set Tango. Any ideals?

archerrorsi2.th.png

Thanks

Last edited by securitybreach (2008-03-17 15:21:30)

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
Website      Configs
Forum Admin: Bruno's All Things Linux   
securitybreach<a>archlinux.us

#2 2008-03-17 15:21:03

securitybreach
Website

Re: [SOLVED] KDE replacing certain icons with periods

Well I could not find out the problem but I did find a way to fix it, atleast on Arch. I know this command is probably KDEMod specific ( i have never seen anything like it on KDE) but typing it gives me the option to reset my theme config. reset konqueror config, install kde ui and install kdemod ui.

[comhack@Venus ~]$ kmdr-executor /opt/kde/bin/kdemod_theme_settings.kmdr

Its kinda of neat, Anyway the problem is fixed by using the rest theme config. I have been using Arch Linux with KDEmod on multiple computers for quite some time and did not know about this tool. So here is a screenshot for those who dont know about this useful tool:

archerror1im0.th.png

Thanks

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
Website      Configs
Forum Admin: Bruno's All Things Linux   
securitybreach<a>archlinux.us

Board footer