You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-23 23:20:10

aCyd

[Solved](Offline) install of packages, pacman.conf?

Good morning (or what ever time of the day it is for you now big_smile )!

I tried offline installation as this guide http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Off … f_packages instructed plus configured pacman.conf to have Server = file:///var/lib/pacman/sync/approriate_dir lines. When trying pacman -Sp --noconfirm any_package I get ERROR: not found in sync db. Is there something I should know? Is my pacman.conf file made by an ass sad ?

Last edited by aCyd (2008-03-24 11:53:22)

#2 2008-03-24 11:51:55

aCyd

Re: [Solved](Offline) install of packages, pacman.conf?

I fixed it. This is how (maybe someone finds this useful):

the pacman that came with the installation cd was apparently different version than the one used when writing the wiki. It wouldn't look for the core.db.tar.gz and the other files from the /var/lib/pacman/sync/core etc folders (perhaps it would have found them from the /var/lib/pacman/core etc folders there were already, who knows didn't try).

I made a folder called /mnt/usb

mkdir /mnt/usb

mounted the usb stick (it showd as sdb1 for me)

mount /dev/sdx /mnt/usb

and added

Server = file:///mnt/usb/Arch

to my pacman.conf under [core], [extra] and [community] so pacman found them from my usb stick along with packages. I also made sure that the 'Include /path/to/mirrorlist' was commented. No tar command was needed.

pacman -Sp --noconfim {package-name} > pkglist

didn't work for me. I just got the last error line without any package names. Instead I used grep

pacman -Syu --noconfirm | grep error > pkglist

and upgraded the whole system.
I modified the pkglist in emacs with replace-string to remove '' from disk : No such file or directory' after the package name and then again to replace 'error: failed retrieving file '' with the url of my selected mirror. (I know that could have been done more elegantly using sed or something or even a proper regexp in emacs if not with the command) After that I downloaded the packages as instructed, copied them to my usb and mounted it to my Arch system and ran again

pacman -Syu

Board footer