You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-16 17:58:55

punkrockguy318
Website

Request: Atmel Drivers

http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/

This is drivers for some atmel and belkin network cards, it'd be nice to have a package for it - i'm trying to get Linux on my friend's laptop - but I can't get his network running...

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#2 2004-05-16 18:11:04

punkrockguy318
Website

Re: Request: Atmel Drivers

Or maybe instead of making a new package, these modules could be added to wlan-ng26/4?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#3 2004-05-17 02:15:40

punkrockguy318
Website

If you don't have network working on Arch, you don't have much of anything except the packages that came on your cd.  Network support on the base CD is probobly one of the most important things on it!  Without it, your system isn't up to date, and you can't really retreive new packages.  The atmel drivers won't compile with older versions of gcc, so a binary version of the atmel drivers would be very useful.

#4 2004-05-17 18:08:53

yak8998

Xentac had a vaio-specific install CD that included a large range of drivers. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a boot CD which includes a wealth of drivers, and than you can do an FTP install?

Ugh, slowly but surely we're getting support for belkin cards. I'm not sure what the deal is with including drivers in packages, but is wlan-ng26/4 even maintained by arch? (I have wireless on my one PC but it isn't supported, so I really don't know much about it on linux)

EDIT: I'm liking this, can't wait to get home and try it:
http://gcc.gnu.org/java/

"Ignorance is bliss, for stupid people."
"open-source is [...] programming Darwinism."
Vaughan-Nichols

Board footer