You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-16 21:36:37

gs

[network: fax] efax-gtk

I have discovered that I can run efax-gtk on my Arch box, by copying over the two executable files efax-0.9a and efax-gtk (the front end) from my Mandy 10 box. And everything works within my kde setup.

I have had a closer look at the instructions with the source files, and there are strict and complicated restrictions as to which libraries should be run depending on what version of gnome is present. It is not relevant to my main point, but I only have some gnome-type libraries because I only run some of the apps.

To get back to my point, it seems to me that building the dependencies into an abs build would involve automating what the instructions advise you of, and which needs individual scrutiny from their viewpoint.

I, of course, have no idea how Mandrake overcame these issues. But what I am saying is that surely it is possible to make a pseudo.pkg.tar.gz (no source and no recompilation possibilities). Because, truly, these two executables are all that is needed. I also use sudo so that I can run it as user and access my user directories easily, but that is a small point.

What the beep was that?

Board footer