You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-27 10:07:52

ibendiben

For synaptics users

I edited this part a bit on the wiki, and added the last part (the upper-right corner thing)...
I might change the general layout from the synaptics page some time in future too, it seems a bit inconvenient... any opinions welcome.

Firefox and special touchpad events

Even though this problem isn't concerning the synaptics drivers, you will probably look up here for a solution anyway. By default firefox is set up to do special events on tapping or scrolling certain parts of your touchpad. You can edit the settings of those actions by typing about:config in your firefox adress bar. Editing takes place by double clicking on those lines, true changes to false and vise versa, a numerical value you'll have to change manually.

To prevent firefox from scrolling (back and forward) through the history and make it scroll the site, you have to edit the following settings:

mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action = 1
mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.sysnumlines = true

To prevent firefox from redirecting you to urls formed out of your clipboard content, on tapping the upper-rigt corner of your touchpad (or middle mouse button), you have to set the following line to false:

middlemouse.contentLoadURL = false

I'm sure this could help some more touchpad users, since it is very anoying behavior!

/edited conform sunns comment
/saw another typo

Last edited by ibendiben (2008-03-28 11:41:14)

#2 2008-03-27 11:22:25

sunn

Re: For synaptics users

To prevent firefox from redirecting you to a certain (random? or browsing history- or 'under mouse cursor content'- related) urls, on tapping the upper-rigt corner of you touchpad, you have to set the following line to false:

middlemouse.contentLoadURL = false

The upper right corner zone equates to the middle mouse button. When you click this in firefox you will paste the contents of your clipboard (default X behavior), and firefox will try to open the string you pasted as an URL. So, it's not random. smile

Last edited by sunn (2008-03-27 11:24:31)

#3 2008-03-27 13:43:51

ibendiben

Re: For synaptics users

Wow, a bit unprofessional of me to not check this before puting on the wiki. Thanks!

I changed it right away wink

Board footer