You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-27 21:36:17

zenix
Website

[Help!] nVidia's TwinView + fullscreen OpenGL apps

I'm using nVidia's TwinView because, ya know, I gotta have dual monitors with all the latest snazzy effects. (w00t Compiz Fusion) big_smile Anyways, when I run an OpenGL game that wants to go full screen, it does so, but half of the game is on the right monitor, the other on the left monitor. That irked me a lot, I do love playing Urban Terror with my buds. So, I did some research online and found that by adding a MetaMode to only enable one monitor, at the resolution of choice, works. Well, that does work, but it disables the second monitor. The second monitor is an 'all-in-one', with a microphone and speakers added in as well. Those work just fine, but if the monitor isn't receiving signals from the video card, it powers off. This also has the added benefit of turning off the speakers and mic. Lovely! roll So, is it possible to have the full screen glx app use only 1 monitor, with TwinView enabled for composite support, and still keep the second monitor active, all without the application stretching over both monitors?

I made an AUR helper once.
I also go by evaryont and nogweii elsewhere on the internet.
Check out my projects and packages.

Board footer