You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-01 20:00:52

JazzplayerL9

KNetworkManager won't Autostart

Is anyone else having this problem?  I have KNetworkManager installed under kdemod and have checked the option to Autostart KNetworkManger when I log in.  The problem is, it never loads.  I have to manually load it each time. 

I took and created a symlink in my ~/.kde/Autostart/ folder to knetworkmanager's executable location...and it loads during login.  However, when I move my mouse over the icon in the taskbar, it crashes.  If I leave it alone, it never connects to a network. 

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

#2 2008-04-02 02:45:03

JazzplayerL9

Re: KNetworkManager won't Autostart

GOOD UPDATE!  I figured out how to get KNetworkManager to autostart.  Apparently, the latest version of it looks for /usr/share/autostart/knetworkmanager-autostart.desktop file to start KNetworkManger.  Simple fix...I went to OpenSUSE's website and found their KNetworkManager .gz package...found the .desktop file to make sure I had everything it was looking for...edited it a little bit to get all of the other languages I don't use out of it...and then copied their knetworkmanager.desktop to /usr/share/autostart/knetworkmanager-autostart.desktop.  I rebooted and KNetworkManager loaded up like it was supposed to.

For anyone else experiencing the same problem, here was the contents of the knetworkmanager-autostart.desktop file:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=KNetworkManager
GenericName=Network Manager
Exec=knetworkmanager
Icon=network
Type=Application
Comment=A KDE frontend for NetworkManager
X-KDE-autostart-after=panel
X-KDE-StartupNotify=false
X-KDE-UniqueApplet=true
X-DCOP-ServiceType=Unique