You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-02 17:24:49

fflarex

weird bluetooth problem...

For some reason I can't connect my bluetooth mouse on boot any more. It worked before, and now it doesn't. Actually, I never even did anything special to get it to connect at boot before: all I did was start the bluetooth service at startup and that was that. If I do a simple '/etc/rc.d/bluetooth restart' after I've logged in, then it automatically connects the mouse again. However, if I don't restart bluetooth services, and instead try 'hidd --connect bdaddr' I get the cryptic message "Can't get device information: no route to host".

So basically, bluetooth is all screwed up when run at boot time, and perfectly fine otherwise, and I have no idea why or what to do about it. Any ideas?

EDIT: I guess I should mention that I came up with a very crude workaround by adding '/etc/rc.d/bluetooth restart' to rc.local, however this seems kind of unnecessary to me, because it means I am starting my bluetooth services twice on every boot. Here's the appropriate line from rc.conf in case anything is out of order:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng acpid cpufreq @crond @net-profiles @hal @fam @alsa @mpd @bluetooth @cups @polipo)

Also, I'm wondering if a bug report is in order.

Last edited by fflarex (2008-04-02 17:48:06)

Board footer