You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-03 10:13:18

Demind

[GNOME] Mounting root readonly?Problems with padlocks

I've always believed that the procedure MOUNTING ROOT FILESYSTEM READONLY at the beginning of the boot process was normal and also REMOUNTING ROOT FILESYSTEM READONLY when you give a shutdown.
From yesterday i've a weird behaviour of Nautilus i believe after an upgrade (i don't remember what i've upgraded unfortunately).
I've never had a padlock symbol over my directories in my / before but from yesterday i see a padlock over every directory where i don't have the writre permission..this is quite annoying! I know where i can't write and all those padlock bother me!
Is there a way to make them disappear? I'm quite new to gnome and i've tried looking on the preferences tab of nautilus and in gconf-editor too but without any result.
Is there a problem with the filesystem that needs to be fixed?
As an additional information i can say that yesterday morning i've resized a disk partition with gparted running on a Sidux live-cd , but it wasn't the arch partition, only a data partition i use for storage and backup!May this have caused any problem to my root (it sounds weird to me)?

i've finally done a fsck and repair (XFS) in order to be sure not to have problems...

But anyting changed.

I can write to my partition if i'm using root account so it shouldn't be read only but i can't make these padlocks disappear!
Thanks a lot

#2 2008-04-03 15:19:29

tigrmesh
IRC Op

Re: [GNOME] Mounting root readonly?Problems with padlocks

You can see what's been upgraded by looking at /var/log/pacman.log.

Board footer