You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-05 00:30:29

Allan
Pacman
Website

[solved-ish] pyamanith error - need Python expert!

I have made packages for amanith [1] and pyamanith [2].  These are needed to build frets on fire from source and thus bring it to 64bit (and then community...).

Despite getting these to build and package nicely (which took a few hours...), I am getting errors in the pyamanith test suite.   Two out of seven tests fail both looking like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 48, in testPixelMap
    k.LoadPlugins(join(self.amanithPath, "plugins"), True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/amanith.py", line 1152, in LoadPlugins
    def LoadPlugins(*args): return _amanith.GKernel_LoadPlugins(*args)
RuntimeError: Read error

So, it appears that it is having trouble loading a plugin...  Thats where I am stuck - knowing very little about python I can not track this any further.

To run the test suite, install amanith and pyamanith.  Copy test.py out of the pyamanith dir (to use files from the installed package) and run "python test.py"

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16186
[2] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16187

Edit: Hmm, right after I posted I discovered the "plugins" directory in the amanith source.  It has a few files I probably should have installed....  I will see if this fixes my problem!

Edit2: It looks like the pyamanith test suite uses some hard coded paths to files in the amanith directory and uses a AMANITHDIR environmental varable to locate that directory.  If I hack around those problems, everythong runs in the test suite.  The FreeBSD port also indicated that I should install a couple of headers along with the plugin libraries I missed - the Gentoo package ignores them completely.

Now to build fretsonfire.  The is a FreeBSD so I should be able to manage!

Last edited by Allan (2008-04-05 01:20:02)

Board footer