You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-06 19:23:42

SenorSnor

HAL doesn't start

After my last update today HAL doesn't start anymore. My previous update was about a week ago, hal wasn't updated in the last week but somehow doesn't start. There's no output either, so this is pretty annoying to troubleshoot :-)

The weird thing is, when I put a cd in my cd-drive, it used to get automounted by hal. Now of course it doesn't. But when there's a cd in the drive, and I start hal (/etc/rc.d/hal start), the cd starts spinning up. Then the output is "fail" and the cd is not mounted after all, but something does seem to work a little, then, I guess.

I had some other problems with all my ide-drives suddenly being renamed from /dev/hda.. to /dev/sda.. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Hope anyone can help me or give me some pointers on where to start looking .. nothing is logged, and no output, that sucks .. smile

#2 2008-04-06 20:47:06

SenorSnor

Re: HAL doesn't start

Turns out it wasn't allowed to connect to dbus (I had to reinstall dbus because the update went wrong). In /etc/dbus-1/system.d there were no files present; lucily I have a backup of that dir so put all files (including hal.conf) back in there and now it works again.

Board footer