You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-09 03:42:04

caecusum

Making XMonad play with Trayer

I recently got a new laptop which I'm running Arch + XMonad on, mostly to maximize screen space and productivity.  As I'm somewhat accustomed to the pleasantries of Gnome, I'm trying to figure out how to install some of the applets like gnome-power-manager and gnome-volume-manager.  Is Trayer a good choice for holding tray icons for those applets as well as say, a clock, or information about which workspace I'm using?

This is all new to me.  What I've done so far is create a default gap at the top of my screen in XMonad and then add this to my .xinitrc

trayer --edge top --align right --widthtype request --heighttype request --setDockType true  --SetPartialStrut false --expand true &

gnome-settings-daemon &
gnome-power-manager &
gnome-volume-manager &

This creates a tiny trayer window in the center of my screen (obviously nowhere near the default gap) and doesn't show anything at all.  I can't find much information about configuring trayer, and there is no man entry.

Help, please!

#2 2008-04-16 02:33:41

caecusum

Re: Making XMonad play with Trayer

Well, I gave up.

Went with dzen2 and a little script I pieced together to show current battery charge and the time.  Am still working on wireless status and such, but it will do for now.

Board footer