You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-23 14:29:13

scrawler

xfce4 + compiz-fusion: what did you do?

I'm the proud owner of a new laptop.

I finally got the nvidia card working after some self-inflicted pain.  I had kdemod on lappy, and gnome, and...no.  xfce4 for me, thank you.

So far, emerald is not working out for me.  No borders around windows (and the fixes I've read don't work for me), sluggish fade for autohide panels; stuff like that.  Some of the other effects are working ok.

Who has compiz-fusion working nicely with xfce4, and what did you do to get there?

my laptop is an hp dv2710us.

Wireless woes are for another post...

#2 2008-04-24 19:19:36

calef13

Re: xfce4 + compiz-fusion: what did you do?

Well it runs perfectly for me, although I get slightly sluggish performance on my 7800GT with 2GB ram and 2.2GHz Athlon 3700+, but my laptop is about the same, and that's only 1.2GHz with 1GB ram and intel 945GM chipset graphics. I think some lag has to be tolerated. I have windows borders fine, but I have had that problem in fedora and some other distros with both gnome and kde. I just followed the wiki guide, but installed the gtk stuff. I think it's still a little termperamental, I don't autostart it and to be honest, I just use it to show off to my windows using friends smile

EDIT: I started compiz-fusion whilst writing that and just noticed that if I open a link in a new window in firefox3 there is no window border, also ALT+F2 does not work at all, something I forgot but now remember is the main reason I don't use compiz much, I am addicted to alt+f2. So unfortunately it seems like compiz-fusion is just buggy in general in xfce sad

Last edited by calef13 (2008-04-24 19:24:29)

Board footer