You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-24 18:04:58

chicha

[solved] Beagle and the new locate backend

Hello all smile

Did anybody using Beagle succeeded in using the new "Locate" backend ?
It does not seem to work with me.

Thank you for your help !

Last edited by chicha (2008-05-06 11:51:32)

#2 2008-04-27 18:57:05

moljac024

Re: [solved] Beagle and the new locate backend

Sorry that I can't answer your question about beagle, I don't use it.

But I have to ask this (noticing your signature):

How could you go from LSF, FreeBSD and Gentoo to Kubuntu ?? :-)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-04-28 07:11:18

chicha

Good question, thank you for asking tongue

LFS -> FreeBSD : Because once you have done an LFS and you learnt so much there is nothing fun anymore in day to day life. However you feel strong enought to use a more confidential OS and that lead me to FreeBSD.

FreeBSD -> Gentoo : At that time I had a Zaurus and a Palm and other exotic devices. FreeBSD was great, but I missed some hardware support. However I was very satisfied witht he OS. So I chose Gentoo, which is quiet close to FreeBSD spirit (so is Arch), but benefit from Linux's bigger driver set.

Gentoo -> Kubuntu : After having spent hours, days and months recompiling the world, and finding out that my PC was not so fast I was fed up with configuring things. I wanted a distro which just works. I fell into Kubuntu arms, like a kid into his mother arms after he did something bad.

After a few months I discovered that the "it just works" principle is a lie. It is a lie for MS Windows, for Mac OS ... and for Ubuntu. Things never "just works". And when the time has come to fix and/or trick things, it is a real pain with those distros or other OS which claim that they "just work".

So I choosed the distro which make you understand what is going on, and make configuration tasks easy whithout having to rebuild the world with thousands of command line tools for day to day maintenance. This distro you know it well ... it is Archlinux cool

#4 2008-05-06 11:51:17

chicha

Problem solved with new beagle version smile

Board footer