You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-25 00:53:38

dmiller

Xawtv Overlay Mode at 1280x1024 X Resolution

Hello All,

I am a recent convert to Arch, and I am extremely satisfied.  I have everything worked out, except for one little minor annoyance (I can live with it, I guess).

Overlay mode (specifically in xawtv) does not work with my X desktop at 1280x1024.  X complains about a "framebuffer size mismatch" (in 1280x1024 mode).  It does work in 1024x768 mode and on the console framebuffer, though.

It worked in the other distro with the same hardware and nvidia driver version, and I forgot to save my old xorg.conf to compare my current one to.  I do remember having to make some changes to xorg.conf and add something to my startup scripts, but  I never thought to save myself a how-to for the "fix".

I also can't remember where I found the information on the internet.  I do remember that it was a pain, though...going through it again is reminding me.

If anyone is familiar with this issue, your help would be greatly appreciated.

--
dmiller

Last edited by dmiller (2008-04-25 01:36:11)

#2 2008-04-26 12:11:19

dmiller

Re: Xawtv Overlay Mode at 1280x1024 X Resolution

Well...I still am not having any luck.  However, I did come across some other "quirks" that may help someone help me wink

When I run aafire or aatest as a normal user on the framebuffer console, the screen clears and just shows black.  When running the same commands as root I get the error "Invalid buffer sizes!".

Here is where it gets interesting...If I ssh into the computer (from the same computer) and run aafire or aatest...It freakin' works perfectly.  This leads me to believe I have to change a terminfo or tty or console setting or something.

Hope someone can help me out.

--
dmiller

Last edited by dmiller (2008-04-26 12:14:29)

Board footer