You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-25 18:12:53

airman99

[Solved] OpenOffice.org won't load any files

I am fully up to date with the Arch repositories. Some time in the last week something happened so that OpenOffice.org will no longer load any files (.odt or .ods). If I start OOo by itself, a blank document appears. If I save a new document, all works well. However, if I attempt to load a document, either an old one, or the one I just created, OOo freezes and the process requires termination.

Here is the output when OOo is started from the command line:

<name>@<host> ~ $ soffice -writer
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!

(process:27443): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2248: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:27443): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed

(process:27443): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

I've tried downgrading OOo, glib2, pango and gtk2 (pango and gtk2 depend on newer version of glib2). No change. Current version of OOo is v2.4.0-2.

I've tried deleting ~/.openoffice.org2, no change.

Anybody else getting this error? Any ideas I might pursue to attempt to solve this problem?

Last edited by airman99 (2008-04-25 19:09:41)

#2 2008-04-25 19:09:07

airman99

Re: [Solved] OpenOffice.org won't load any files

Never mind, I figured it out. Previously working on another problem, I had placed the following into my .bashrc file:

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde

Of course, I had forgotten all about it. I unset this environment variable by commenting it out, then logging out and back in.

Problem solved.

Board footer