You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-27 03:35:21

mrunion
Website

Workspace Switcher Problem?

Is anyone having problems with the workspace switcher in Gnome?  I have version 2.22.1.3 and sometimes the switcher just quits updating what windows are there.  I can right-click and modify a preference, or remove and re-add the switcher and it works fine for a while.  Then in a little while it'll stop working again.  Has anyone experienced this?

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#2 2008-04-28 20:34:41

mrunion
Website

Re: Workspace Switcher Problem?

OK, maybe I'm beating a dead horse here, but it's getting frustrating.  The workspace switcher/pager keeps locking up.  If I right-click it and change a preference setting it springs to life.  It'll stay "on" for a random amount of time -- 30 minutes, 1 hour, 5 minutes -- then "die" again.  Today the clock just "died".  It stopped "ticking" off the seconds and was stuck at 13:53:45.  The current time was 15:15.xx.  I removed the clock from the panel and added it back and all was well.

Does anyone have any ideas?  What packages can I reinstall for Gnome that may fix this?  I don't want to "loose" my settings, but can I reinstall the extras?  Is there anything in X I can reinstall to see if that fixes the issue?  What logs can I look in?  Apparently there's something funky on my box!

Help?

Last edited by mrunion (2008-04-28 20:35:45)

Matt

#3 2008-04-30 20:02:45

mrunion
Website

Re: Workspace Switcher Problem?

I removed the Network Monitor applet and the crashing seems to have stopped.  Hmmmm?!?

Matt

Board footer