You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-28 16:57:24

fwojciec

problems building ffmpegthumbnailer 1.2.5 [SOLVED]

I'm trying to build the latest version of ffmpegthumbnailer -- the version in community is 1.1.5, I'm trying to build 1.2.5 (the PKGBUILD is essentially the same, I just changed the version).  Apparently the problem has to do with linking against libjpeg.  I've reported a bug on the ffmpegthumbnailer website (bug report here.  The author believes that there is some kind of configuration problem on my system...  Here is the error message I get when trying to compile:

[snip]
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -march=native -O2 -pipe   -o ffmpegthumbnailer main.o -lavformat -lavcodec -lz -la52 -lfaac -lfaad -lmp3lame -lx264 -lxvidcore -ldl -lX11 -lXext -ltheora -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -lm -logg -lswscale -lavutil   -lpng12   libffmpegthumbnailer/libffmpegthumbnailer.la -ljpeg 
mkdir .libs
g++ -march=native -O2 -pipe -o .libs/ffmpegthumbnailer main.o  -lm libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so -lavformat -lavcodec -lz -la52 -lfaac -lfaad -lmp3lame -lx264 -lxvidcore -ldl -lX11 -lXext -ltheora /usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so /usr/lib/libvorbis.so -logg -lswscale -lavutil -lpng12 -ljpeg 
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_stdio_dest(jpeg_compress_struct*, _IO_FILE*)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_defaults(jpeg_compress_struct*)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_compress(jpeg_compress_struct*)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_quality(jpeg_compress_struct*, int, int)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_compress(jpeg_compress_struct*)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_compress(jpeg_compress_struct*, int)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_write_scanlines(jpeg_compress_struct*, unsigned char**, unsigned int)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error(jpeg_error_mgr*)'
libffmpegthumbnailer/.libs/libffmpegthumbnailer.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateCompress(jpeg_compress_struct*, int, unsigned int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [ffmpegthumbnailer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/ffmpegthumbnailer/src/ffmpegthumbnailer-1.2.5/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/ffmpegthumbnailer/src/ffmpegthumbnailer-1.2.5/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

Any ideas?

Last edited by fwojciec (2008-04-29 13:40:43)

#2 2008-04-29 08:52:07

pressh
Developer/TU

Re: problems building ffmpegthumbnailer 1.2.5 [SOLVED]

fwojciec wrote:

I'm trying to build the latest version of ffmpegthumbnailer -- the version in community is 1.1.5
I'm trying to build 1.2.5 (the PKGBUILD is essentially the same, I just changed the version).  Apparently the problem has to do with linking against libjpeg.  I've reported a bug on the ffmpegthumbnailer website (bug report here.  The author believes that there is some kind of configuration problem on my system...

Don't believe him wink
There is a problem in the way he includes jpeglib.h
I'll update the version in community and add a comment to your ^^ bug report

#3 2008-04-29 13:40:13

fwojciec

Re: problems building ffmpegthumbnailer 1.2.5 [SOLVED]

Awesome -- thanks!

Board footer