You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-28 18:22:07

Damym

Laptop doesn't power down when battery power is low

Hi,
I am a Toshiba Satellite A100-849 user, I installed Arch Linux on this laptop few months ago.
Currently, my laptop doesn't want to shutdown when the battery power is low. It dies when the battery goes under 1%, and I'm sure that this will make my hard disk broken in a few months.
I'm using GNOME, "testing" repository is enabled and Gnome Power Manager is working properly (it displays the battery state, the AC power state, etc..). My user is in the "power" group, this trick worked for some days, and stopped working when I updated my system. My laptop has got a Phoenix Bios, so the toshiba_acpi module doesn't work.

Thanks, and sorry about my very BAD english!
Damym

Last edited by Damym (2008-04-28 19:57:41)

#2 2008-04-29 08:49:46

moljac024

Re: Laptop doesn't power down when battery power is low

Are you using gdm as your login manager ? Without it, GNOME can't shutdown, reboot or even switch users...

Anyway, you should use laptop-mode-tools - they ought to work.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lap … mode_tools

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-04-29 12:27:28

Damym

Re: Laptop doesn't power down when battery power is low

Hi,
yes, I'm using GDM as login manager.. Now I installed laptop-mode-tools, I unplug the AC adapter and try...

Hope it works!

Bye

UPDATE: It works! Thanks for your support. I enabled this feature in laptop-mode-tools, and now it powers down properly. Thank you!

(and sorry for my english big_smile)

Bye from Italy

Last edited by Damym (2008-04-29 13:16:07)

Board footer