You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-02 20:39:07

niski_

i915_wait_irq crash - HP Compaq nx7300

Hi,

I have some problems with my laptop (HP nx7300 with intel core2duo, and intel 945GM) - it hangs while playing 3d games (sauerbraten), in wine and sometimes when I leave HP running for few days without reboot. Result is always the same - X server crashes with black screen and green stripe in upper part of it, tries to restart by itself but fails. I can only reboot with sysreq or ctrl+alt+del. Only thing I found in logs is:

[drm:i915_wait_irq] *ERROR* EBUSY -- rec: 112684 emitted: 112688

What's unusual when compared with other crash reports is that X server sometimes crashes when left for long time - I use kdemod with no screensaver, I only leave transmission running in background. And wine - I'm running 2d games on it and I don't understand why it makes X crashing the same way sauerbraten does (unless wine is using opengl for rendering 2d...).

Some things I've tried already:
1. Changing driver i810<->intel
2. Changing AccelMethod (both EXA and XAA)
3. Disabling DRI - I'm not sure if it works: eg. sauerbraten drops framerate to <1fps so it's unusable...

Points 1. and 2. make no difference for me, sauerbraten still hangs. I tried also some switches for EXA ('greedy' one, for example).

I would like to know if someone with nx7300 had such problems and is there anything more I could do with those errors - I'm not even sure if error is triggered only by opengl, maybe chipset is overheated (I have also WnXP Home and sometimes it hangs with black screen after few hours)?

I can provide logs if needed.

Cheers,
niski

Board footer