You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-08 01:10:15

dav7

Is it possible AT ALL to make fglrx work with the ATI RV505?!

I have an ATI X1550 graphics card based on the chipset in the topic subject... I wish my PC wasn't half-height, so I could go get a real graphics card.... but I have what I have for now, and I guess I should settle for it.

So, the problem in question is this: is it possible -AT ALL- to make fglrx make my ATI card "go", and...
* Work with OpenGL and not hang when OpenGL output is, more or less, "on".
* Not epically fail with Compiz Fusion running, and #1 not draw my background, #2 not update the screen unless I switch workspaces and #3 not hand anything related to graphics updating to my CPU, rendering EVERYTHING at about 1 frame every 2 seconds.
...?

I don't have that card in my computer right now and probably won't for a while (unless someone can say "do XYZ, I have like exactly that card and it worked"), since despite only being 64MB my integrated graphics from Intel pwn the X1550 (which has 256MB, sigh) to bits in terms of hardware acceleration. Despite my Intel graphics (Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)) not even having direct rendering (libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context)).

-dav7

Last edited by dav7 (2008-05-08 01:10:50)

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

Board footer