You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-12 10:20:27

TB2

Make all mouse buttons work?

Hi,

I bought a Trust MI-6950R mouse and hoocked it up to my laptop. It's a nice mouse actually, and it pretty much worked out of the box, except for horizontal scrolling and those two "zoom buttons" on the left. See this picture:

at21718261.jpg

I installed the evdev driver, and then I only had vertical cursor movement - a known bug in the evdev version which is in the repos. I compiled and installed the latest evdev I was able to find, and now that bug is gone. I also have horizontal scrolling (tilting the mouse wheel left and right). But the two zoom buttons are still not working. xev doesn't even pick up anything when I press those buttons. This is what I have in xorg.xonf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "evdev"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/by-id/usb-04fc_USB_Multi-Smart_Mouse-event-mouse"
        Option      "Name" "Trust MI-6950R"
EndSection

I've gone through several "how-to-get-my-mouse-buttons-working" threads and wikis but I can't find a solution. Any idea on how to get the last two buttons working?

Thanks!

#2 2008-05-12 12:14:51

FALK

Re: Make all mouse buttons work?

I can recommend btnx, guide here: http://www.linux.com/feature/126295 . It's in the repo.

Last edited by FALK (2008-05-12 12:15:03)

Board footer