You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-16 10:36:15

lungdart

Odd Compiz Fusion issues

I am using the Nvidia drivers, and using a Nvidia Gforce 5200 card, Gnome/Compiz-Fusion, AWN, and devilspie

1) Using Cube plugin and Rotate Cube plugin; after I switch desktops, the screen is not always (50/50) drawn correctly. Minor things like the panel objects being slightly bigger then the panel, and others. This is happening to a friend of mine as well, not sure of his specs.

Just wondering if this is a wide spread issue on Arch/Compiz/ maybe even Nvidia. And if there is a fix. Minor annoyance, but I would like it resolved.

2) Screen saver/Screen powering down from power management stops my keyboard dead. Not alt+SysRq, no response what so ever. I can still use the mouse, and my desktop as per normal. Opening windows works, I can copy and paste, use my bookmarks. The only way to get function back is by restarting my computer.

This is a bigger bug, I dont have strict evidence of screen saver/power management doing it (as I have no keyboard use to cat my messages file and always forget to after the fact) But it appears to have stopped since disabling the screen saver and power management. I would like to keep the power savings feature, as I use a CRT, and tend to leave it on while away. This helps out my power bill quite a bit.

Thanks to any/all the help in advanced.

#2 2008-05-16 12:48:21

ScriptDevil

Re: Odd Compiz Fusion issues

lungdart try

xset dpms force off

You can even run that from something like gmrun or dmenu.The moment you press the enter, the monitor goes off.. Shake your mouse a bit to bring it back to life.

Of course, it wont work on the CLI.

Note: Shaky hands ruin this [:P]

Be yourself, because you are all that you can be

Board footer