You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-17 13:42:56

Johnnio

Laptop sound partially working

Hi. I've been using Arch Linux for a week or so and everything has been going smoothly. But I have a problem with sound. The sound works fine but even when I mute it I can still hear some sound out my speakers (not really loud but I can still hear it) and also with my headphones, when ever I have my headphones in it doesn't mute the speakers. I'm using the Intel HDA sound.

From ALSA wiki:
ICH southbridge HD-audio and modem (ICH7)

The snd-hda-intel module is used at boot-up for the hardware modules in my rc.conf. I've also tried compiling ALSA from source with the (./configure --with-cards=hda-intel --with-sequencer=yes).

I've Google'd and found some patches for the headphones (will try them after I hear some input from the Arch community). I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and knows a way to fix it because I'm looking for a definite solution. Thanks. smile

#2 2008-05-18 00:16:26

DeeCodeUh

Re: Laptop sound partially working

I had both of those problems with my new laptop.
I enabled the testing repository in my /etc/pacman.conf file and upgraded to the currently testing kernel.
That fixed my headphone problem, but the mute thing doesn't work properly yet...
But I'd be willing to bet that manually fixing the mute problem would be easier than manually fixing the headphone problem.

Board footer