You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-23 10:10:27

jedimastermaniac

[Solved]Nvidia 9600GT + xorg probs :)

Hey there i m a total newb arch user (that\s why ofc i m typing in this section tongue )
I like this distro a lot due to its way of installing-configuring
Anyway i m a linux user (dual boot with windoze due to work sad ) around 5 months
and i bought a new PC last week
However i m having trouble configuring xorg
I ve installed arch succesfully on my previous PC with no problems (yes with ATI!!! tongue)
Now that i bought a new PC and installed arch64 i m having trouble configuring Xorg
I have a Nvidia 9600GT (gigabyte if it matters at all) and arch64 version

Followed the beginner's guide couldn't remember all the files i had to edit) and configured them appropirately to my needs.
However when i configured xorg to test it i saw no pointer and a "broken" Nvidia Logo with LOTS of lines and in general terrible screen output
ctrl+alt+backspace would barely work and when i returned to the root console the problem with the lines remained
From what i ve noticed the latest drivers are not available with pacman .
I enabled testing repo for a while to install the latest nvidia driver from there
disabled it and tested it again but the problem remained

Unfortunately i m not in my home PC right now to post a pic but i can do it later
However if anyone knows the solution to my problem plz post big_smile
I know also the way about custom repo but i can't understand it very well confuses me a lot tongue
i know! i m stupid smile

P.S. i dont think my xorg file is configured wrong but double check me !! ^_^

Edit: i like a lot because u learn linux much faster that other distros (rdy ones) like ubuntu ,opensuse , fedora,ect...
+1 arch

Edit2: updated kernel , installed driver

Last edited by jedimastermaniac (2008-05-24 10:13:39)

Board footer