You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-26 02:51:08

Koven

Problem with quicktime and firefox

Hi there,

I'm tryin to watch some videos of a webpage called http://www.freecaster.com, I can see the videos with flash but I can't see those videos done with quicktime, I always get this error:

+ ERROR
QuickTime 7.1.3 or higher is required to use the player.
Or you use a 64bits browser. Remember that QuickTime and Flash are not yet ready for IE 64bits.
Also try with HTTP transport Quicktime prefs

Any help would be apreciated. I've installed libquicktime with no luck.

Regards

Last edited by Koven (2008-05-26 02:52:08)

#2 2008-05-26 04:02:54

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: Problem with quicktime and firefox

I would contact the web master of that site if it's important enough for you. The assumption is the you are using IE and Quicktime. They aren't testing for capabilities, they're testing for programs. This is very sloppy on their part.

#3 2008-05-26 04:58:44

Gullible Jones

Do you have a multimedia plugin installed? If not, try installing totem-plugin (for Gnome), kaffeine (for KDE), or mplayer-plugin (if you're using something else).

(If mplayer-plugin gives you trouble, I recommend xine-plugin from the AUR; it seems to play more and crash less.)

#4 2008-05-27 01:52:59

Koven

Thanks for your answers. Well I don't think I contact to webmaster of that site, I just wanted to see some videos of that webpage.

I've installed totem-plugin and mplayer-plugin. None of them has worked fine for me. I gave a try to Opera and it works not as good as I'd like to, by the way I can watch only 5 seconds.

May be my question is not about this webpage particularly, I was thinking that other webpages with quicktime streaming didn't work neither. As scottish says may be a restriction of software and not requirements, but with Opera in Linux works just a little.

I'll continue trying with xine-plugin to see if it works.

Thanks

Board footer