You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-28 14:05:45

vertimyst
Website

Compiz-fusion in KDE (kdemod) troubles

I'm trying to get compiz-fusion working in KDE, with kdemod.

The problems I'm having are: when compiz is the active window manager, Firefox's scrolling is very choppy and slow.   The desktop switcher applet shows 16 desktops even when I only have 4.   Also, tooltips and Amarok's OSD are not drawn on top of windows, rather they are always behind them.

Once I switch back to kwin, the problems are gone, but I have to reset the desktop switcher, else it still shows 16 desktops.

And, fusion-icon doesn't have an icon - I just get a 'missing image' icon - the piece of paper with the red X.   Also, the Settings Manager's interface is missing icons as well.   I assume this is because it uses GTK elements, though.

I tried uninstalling compiz (I had the compiz-fusion-kde package), and installing the compiz-fusion package, but that didn't make a difference.   Now I can't uninstall the compiz-fusion package, either: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=49331.

Any suggestions?   Has anyone managed to get compiz working under kdemod?   Before I installed Arch, I had compiz working fine in Mandriva One 2008, in KDE.   I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in this distro.

-Vert wink
---------
Free webhosting@http://shadowserve.ath.cx - Currently and soon to go through many changes, still alive! - June 29, 2009

#2 2008-06-01 17:42:05

trotos

Re: Compiz-fusion in KDE (kdemod) troubles

vertimyst wrote:

I'm trying to get compiz-fusion working in KDE, with kdemod.

The desktop switcher applet shows 16 desktops even when I only have 4.

I have the same problem, could be a bag, I have kdemod, default settings, and when I get
pacman -S compiz-fusion-kde compiz-decorator-kde
I got 4 desktops x 4 workplaces...
so when I go to configure Desktops and leave only one I got the 4 Desktops.

uname -a
Linux StupidArch 2.6.25-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 16 14:29:57 CEST 2008 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

[trotos@StupidArch ~]$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Radeon X1800 Series
OpenGL version string: 2.1.7537 Release

and lattest compiz....

there is this post and a soluttion (not an actual solution though) but if I go back to kwin I stick around with one desktop and all my windows goes to one desktop

Last edited by trotos (2008-06-01 17:45:07)

Board footer