You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-30 21:54:56

Ub1476

Suspending, automounting, conky, xcompmgr - issues

Hello, I have some problems and need some help with the above.

Suspending

I use "sudo pm-suspend" for suspending my comp, and it both suspends and starts back again fast. I have noticed however, that if I exit X after this, the CLI screen will be all to the left. Barely enough too see myself typing "startx". This is a minor issue, but what's more annoying is that sometimes X wont start when this has happened. It just stays in a black screen, doesn't even revert for trouble-shoot. Only option is two force shutdown.

Sometimes I notice that my CPU on core 1 or 2 reach 100%, raising my CPU to 50%. My Ram usually eat another 200MB for each time I suspend too. It's an Intel centrino dual-core 2.4ghz, with 4GB RAM. I'm running Arch x86_64 if it makes any difference..

Automonting

Ok, this is a simply issue, I think:)
I'm using MPD and got my music on an external hdd. So I just need to know how to mount this with a command (which I can put in obmenu), or maybe automount at start. The external hdd is according to fdisk located on /dev/sdb1 (/media/My Book/).

Conky
I think this problem might be related to the fact that I got a variable in my conkyrc which points to the external hdd. I added it to xinitrc (exec conky), but X fails to start, saying it can't find /media/My Book.

Xcompmgr
A minor, but slightly annoying issue. I don't know if it can be fixed, cause last time I checked, it's kinda an old project..:(
First off, sometimes when xcommgr renders something (can be anything from obmenu to pcmanfm), at the second I launch the command which opens the window, xcommpgr quits. I just run it again and it works fine again though, but it's not like perfect which is nice to have:P

The other thing is that it renders (correct word?) large apps like Firefox or OOo wrong when opening them. Just for a second though, usually close to the top. It's a lot of colorful stripes within a certain border before it's gone and the textures/widgets are alright. Yet a minor issue, but it's a bit ugly in an otherwise so fine Openbox setup;)

Using the "nvidia" drivers from repos on GeForce 7900gs.

Thanks for any help:)

Last edited by Ub1476 (2008-05-30 22:11:09)

#2 2008-05-31 10:01:05

iggy

Re: Suspending, automounting, conky, xcompmgr - issues

there is a newer version of the xcompmgr available via git:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/

checkout this page to get more information...

sorry for my bad english smile

#3 2008-06-01 13:22:37

Ub1476

Re: Suspending, automounting, conky, xcompmgr - issues

iggy wrote:

there is a newer version of the xcompmgr available via git:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/

checkout this page to get more information...

Thanks, I noticed I can fetch it from AUR too. Hopefully it's better!

Board footer