You are not logged in.

#1 2003-03-20 21:56:18

sinister

gnutella can't connect to anything?

Hi there.. recently i installed qtella.. i run it and it will not connect to anything.. i'm not sure why.. but it just keeps trying and coming up as "error" ..

this is a basic arch build .. which has been updated.. on kde 3.1

here's a screenshot of the problem (the qtella build is the one from unofficial)

http://www3.telus.net/public/sinbsd/snapshot1.png

any help would of course be appreciated.

wink

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him...  "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me and drools.

#2 2003-03-20 22:18:44

sarah31
Website

Re: gnutella can't connect to anything?

well qtella is a problem right now it is hopelessly out of date which may be the crux of the issue i have not been able to get any newer version built at all. well functioning build that is. gtk-gnutella never brings up a connection either. while it does not give me just plain "error" as a reason i can rarely ever get more than one connection at any one time. i am at a loss as to whether this is a build error or a gnutella issue. anyone that might be able to help out with a resolution to either problem i would be greatful.

while not as busy as gnutella i would suggest installing and configuring giFT and then using giFTcurs or giFToxic as a frontend (you need one of the two as giFT is just a daemon) until myself or someone else can solve the gtk-gnutella/qtella issues (if that is even possible).

sorry i wish i could provide a more concrete response.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2003-03-21 13:15:57

sinister

no problem.. thanks for the feedback. perhaps i'll try kde's gui for edonkey.. i'll keep you posted.

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him...  "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me and drools.

#4 2003-03-21 13:43:42

sinister

Ok we've definitely got something weird going on here.. this is the second peer2peer app i've tried.. and it gets connection refused as well.. same problem with the gnutella network.. odd. I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.

UPDATE Ok.. i build qtella from source.. and it works.. it still gives the occassional error (this is the latest qtella 0.6.1) and it comes up fine and actually connects to things.. so now if i could only figure out kmldonkey's problem. UPDATE

Anyone? (i compiled this from source.. latest version btw)

#5 2003-03-21 16:18:17

sarah31
Website

could you please rebuild the qtella in abs for me and post it to incoming?

just edit the PKGBUILD then run makepkg -c and tar up the contents of the directory (filelist, PKGBUILD, and the package) and post it to incoming please? i suspect the reason i cannot get the newest version to build because i do not have a full kde install. if you run ldd on the binary and find that some depends are missing please add those to the PKGBUILD too.

thanks alot i would be most greatful if you could do this.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#6 2003-03-25 18:52:51

xirus

to be honoust, when I was still using gentoo, I could (almost) never get a connection with any of the 3 gnutella clients I tried (I only had a connection once)

so I'm not sure if this is a problem with the arch build, although it seems to be the problem for you...
let's hope your build will fix these problems for everyone smile

#7 2003-03-27 01:34:45

sinister

sarah.. sorry for the long delay.. Unfortunately, i'm unable to build it at this time since i've switched to a new machine.. on which it won't build properly.

#8 2003-03-27 04:36:29

sarah31
Website

thats okay i managed to get qtella built and it is up on the servers.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#9 2003-03-31 13:26:55

sinister

Hmm.. ok i'm trying to get gift and giftoxic working here..

I've gone through the giFT-setup and filled in the options but gift still complains that setup is not complete.. wondering if you or someone else could upload your gift.conf and openft.conf files or perhaps just email them to me? Then i can just edit and move along.. not sure what i'm missing during the setup but it doesn't like me..

#10 2003-04-04 12:09:12

jason

what about default packet filtering or hosts.deny file?  i'm pretty sure there's a hosts.deny that disallows all incoming connections, right?

#11 2003-04-04 18:35:55

sarah31
Website

did you answer "1" to the first question in the set up if you don't your config will never work?

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer