You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-05 05:45:28

Hunner

awesome-git and firefox conflict?

The awesome-git (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13916) depends on cairo-xcb which conflicts with cairo. Firefox requires pango which requires cairo, but doesn't recognize cairo-xcb. So essentially awesome-git and firefox conflict.

Someone know what's up?

#2 2008-06-05 06:30:05

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: awesome-git and firefox conflict?

It helps if you give the pacman output.  Let us know our help is on the right track...

Anyway, in the cairo-xcb, adjust provides=('cairo') to provides=('cairo=${pkgver}')

Or, what should really be done is, rebuild cairo from ABS, adding the "--enable-xcb" flag to the configure line of PKGBUILD.  Then add "IGNOREPKG=cairo" to your pacman.conf so it will not update it and lets you know when it is out of date.

#3 2008-06-05 18:07:11

Hunner

Re: awesome-git and firefox conflict?

Cool. I hadn't noticed the provides var before. I chose to go the AUR route so that I get notices about updates (and yaourt makes this easy to manage). Is there another reason you would recommend abs over aur?

As to output, after building it (with yaourt) I got this output

loading package data...
checking dependencies...
error: replacing packages with -A and -U is not supported yet
error: you can replace packages manually using -Rd and -U
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: cairo-xcb: conflicts with cairo
==> WARNING: Your package is saved in /tmp/cairo-xcb-1.6.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz

which is normal. With your suggested edit, after `pacman -Rd cairo && pacman -U /tmp/cairo-xcb-1.6.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz && pacman -Syu` it no longer asks to update extra/cairo or warnings about pango deps, which was the problem.

All is well. TUs rock ^^

Board footer