You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-06 20:32:12

patriciomacadden

gnome-system-tools

Hi, I've been looking in the forums a solution to my problem, but I can't find anything. Well, here is my problem when I run gnome-power-manager (or any management application as sudo or root):

bash-3.2# gnome-power-manager 

(gnome-power-manager:3220): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

I've tried adding me to stb-admin group and using the script posted in another post, but I can't solve this.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2008-06-06 21:06:29

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: gnome-system-tools

hmm title says something else.
don't run any program from root when you are loged with another user. that doesn't work. it will work if you run with sudo or gksudo.

for gnome-power-manager you want to start hal and dbus services and add your username to proper groups: hal, dbus and power.

Last edited by wonder (2008-06-06 21:07:00)

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#3 2008-06-07 02:21:05

Pudge
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

Re: gnome-system-tools

You've probably already done this, but you need to start the stbd daemon.  You can start it manually as root by:

# /etc/rc.d/stbd start

You can start stbd automatically at boot up by putting stbd in the daemons line of the /etc/rc.conf file.

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network firestarter netfs sshd crond portmap fam dbus hal !avahi-daemon samba cups sensors stbd alsa)

Board footer