You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-09 21:13:08

nilsHaus

either libgmail or python is retarded--installing GmailFS

I'm trying to install GmailFS. I downloaded fuse and python-fuse through pacman. I get the gmailfs.tar.gz, unpack it, then copy things where they need to be according to this http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions … le-447218/

Gotten to the end of their instructions I run into two things. First of all, it tells me only root can mount at /mnt/gmail. Thats not really a problem but it'd be nice if I could give myself right to do that without sudo'ing (especially because gmailfs.log outputs to ~/gmailfs.log).

Also, When I sudo mount /mnt/gmail it says

Ignored option :rw
Ignored option :noauto
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/sbin/mount.gmailfs", line 159 in <module>
       import gmailfs
 File "/usr/bin/gmailfs.py", line 32, in <module>
       import libgmail
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libgmail.py", line 36, in <module>
       import ClientCookie
ImportError: No module named ClientCookie

(not a copy-paste, I wrote it out b/c its on another computer--so there might be some errors)
Client cookie started coming up when I tried to install libgmail like it said in the readme, which is "python setup.py install".
I downloaded and attempted to install ClientCookie but its install script tried to download setup tools and came up with a 404 error. So what the hell is ClientCookie and why is it such a pain in the behind? Is it because I'm using python2.5?

Thanks for any help,

?eace

Last edited by nilsHaus (2008-06-09 21:13:47)

#2 2008-06-11 01:51:08

nilsHaus

Re: either libgmail or python is retarded--installing GmailFS

No love? Is this the wrong forum?

#3 2008-06-11 04:06:04

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Might not work:  install setuptools with pacman then try again to install ClientCookie

#4 2008-06-14 22:37:46

nilsHaus

That totally worked, and after I'd actually read my next error message. I figured out I had to modprobe fuse once again.
Now it works, I guess, I get these strange unfortunately unfilterable emails in my box (Windows version neatly labels them GMAILFS). I'm gonna take a look at the libgmail's, and later flickrfs.

edit: if anyone knows how to enable fuse controls or the actually mount point so I don't have to sudo every time (I have to sudo mount /mnt/gmail)

Thanks for the help!

Nils

Last edited by nilsHaus (2008-06-14 22:39:00)

Board footer