You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-09 22:12:55

maddog39
Website

Last GNOME update broke wallpapers

Hello,

Just today I did a system upgrade and it updated GNOME to 2.22.2. However, when I rebooted and logged back in I only had a solid bright green color for a background and using the wallpaper dialog is entirely broken as the wallpaper is never changed. I thought it might be because somehow my wallpapers went missing but they are still there exactly as they were. I deleted and readded them to the wallpapers list and that also did not fix the problem.

Thanks!
-Alec

#2 2008-06-10 22:46:59

maddog39
Website

Re: Last GNOME update broke wallpapers

Alright, well, digging through gconf thinking maybe that will help me fix my issue led me to find that /desktop/gnome/background/draw_background was mysteriously set to false. Although I have no clue why this was changed during the upgrade my problem is now solved.

#3 2008-06-10 23:20:35

wonder
Developer
Website

maybe your backgrounds photo are on different partition and hal mount it in different location than usual. is just a guess because i came across with that problem in the past

Last edited by wonder (2008-06-10 23:22:17)

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#4 2008-06-30 18:25:49

vennen

My /desktop/gnome/background/ comletely removed option 'draw_background'! And i cant get icons back in menu-bar. Every update clears entry /desktop/gnome/interface/menus_have_icons. Digging in the depth of configs I realized that problem is in the /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults.

At my desktop Dont Panic 2007.08 is set. At notebook I setup 'current' .iso 2 or 3 months ago. And there are no problems on notebook after upgrade, only desktop upgrades make me crazy with Gnome issues.

Maybe I should switch to KDE? I really tried to have sex with these unstable configs.

Board footer