You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-11 03:57:49

Pudge
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

Things keep disappearing since upgrade to Gnome 2.22

Ever since I upgraded to Gnome 2.22, things keep disappearing from the desktop. 

1.  When I start a Gnome session, Gkrellm automatically starts and appears on workspace 1.  If I change workspaces, then come back to workspace 1 Gkrellm is gone.  I try to start it and it says:

gkrellm: Exiting because multiple instances option is off.

Evidently it is still running, it is just gone from the desktop.

2.  When I start a Gnome session, I have Firestarter start automatically.  When I send Firestarter to the tray, after a short period of time, the Firestarter Icon is gone from the tray.  Then the only way I can bring the FIrestarter GUI back up is to restart Firestarter. 

Anyone else having problems with stuff disappearing with Gnome 2.22?

Pudge

#2 2008-06-11 04:42:38

shazeal

Re: Things keep disappearing since upgrade to Gnome 2.22

I personally stopped using gnome after 2.20 its just so... well buggy. My girlfriend however is still using it and she occasionally has the entire desktop disappear on start up, randomly either nautilus or gnome-panel will crash on start up. Could be related I guess.
Ive read somewhere that problems like this can be related to the GTK theme or something random like that, though she is using the default clearlooks gnome theme.

Best thing to do is look through /var/log/Xorg.<x>.log and /var/log/everything.log and see whats crashing, if anything.

Board footer