You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-11 15:28:18

3lusive

Compiz/KDE warning to all

Just wanted to warn people. I have been using Compiz for a while but all the effects weren't working...
I tracked down the bug to the CONFIG file.... it seems there's 3 ways for Compiz to keep its config,
[1] gnome [2] kde [3] flat file.....   I run KDE 3.5.9 and it was corrupting the config... so if you
are running KDE choose flat file in preferences.   All the effects (fire, etc) work properly.  And I thought
this was due to graphics driver... there is a known bug in using kde config for compiz.  So choose flat
file in the gnome compiz settings.

#2 2008-06-11 16:05:11

LTSmash
Website

Re: Compiz/KDE warning to all

3lusive wrote:

Just wanted to warn people. I have been using Compiz for a while but all the effects weren't working...
I tracked down the bug to the CONFIG file.... it seems there's 3 ways for Compiz to keep its config,
[1] gnome [2] kde [3] flat file.....   I run KDE 3.5.9 and it was corrupting the config... so if you
are running KDE choose flat file in preferences.   All the effects (fire, etc) work properly.  And I thought
this was due to graphics driver... there is a known bug in using kde config for compiz.  So choose flat
file in the gnome compiz settings.

Why don't you file a bug report?

http://bugs.archlinux.org

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

#3 2008-06-12 08:36:35

DaNiMoTh

Because this isn't a package problem, but an upstream problem.

#4 2008-06-12 13:18:49

3lusive

http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?p=52250

"You can check whether other configuration backends are available by opening ccsm, clicking on the Preferences button near the lower-left corner of the window, then checking the combo box labeled Backend. If the Flat-file configuration backend is available, try selecting that. Note that your settings from the KDE backend won't be carried over; you'll get them back when you switch back to the KDE backend."

in source URL above bug has been filed with compiz.  This problem will drive you crazy thinking its the video driver xorg settings, or something high level.  i just want to save anyone (newbie) from going mad.

Board footer