You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-14 17:56:06

Statix

System crash when typing in wine

On my latest install when I use notepad or many other apps that use standard windows ui and typing (not a problem for games like Warcraft 3), my entire system locks up. I can't do anything. I can't kill X with ctrl-alt-backspace, I can't switch to a tty, nothing. It locks after about 5 seconds of typing, but is fine when I don't type.
I haven't been able to prevent this problem with any wine settings. The windows version makes no difference.

Typing in normal linux apps is no problem, (as I am typing this post right now smile).

I'm using bin32-wine-suse (wine 0.9.66 aka 1.0.rc5-1) on Arch64. Open source ATI drivers. Standard PS/2 keyboard.

This was not a problem on my old install with proprietary ati drivers. (I'll try them and see if it still crashes and get back to you guys.)

Last edited by Statix (2008-06-14 17:57:21)

Madly in love with Arch64, Openbox, DotA, and of course... penguins!
Happy to help if you're not a Help Vampire. Use your wonderful resources like ArchWiki, Google, and our wonderful search page.

#2 2008-06-14 18:23:21

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

Re: System crash when typing in wine

You sould post this on the bin32-wine-suse AUR page also, because it is unsupported by Arch Linux. It's not easy to troubleshoot because we don't have an alternative wine package for x86_64. This may even be an upstream issue with x86_64 + x86 wine, so approach the suse guys first, then wine.

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

Board footer