You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-18 00:18:49

Xiong Chiamiov
Website

[KDE] amarok system tray icon opens instead in window

Apologies if this has been answered; I really wasn't sure the correct search terms to use, which is really the most important part in solving any problem.

So, I'm a six-month Kubuntu (and Linux) user switching to Arch because, well, I wanted more control over what I had installed on my system.  That, and the fact that the *buntu distro maintainers won't update the NVIDIA driver, even though the one in there doesn't work with the kernel shipped with Hardy... anyways.

I always have amarok open, but when I boot up, I get the amarok icon in the top-left corner (looking like this), rather than in the system tray.  Usually closing and reopening will produce the desired effect.

However, I would like for this to work properly without having to close and reopen, since that negates the benefit of having it start automatically.  I'm thinking that perhaps I should write a script that will close it on logout and open on login?

#2 2008-06-18 03:28:21

hacosta

Re: [KDE] amarok system tray icon opens instead in window

Not a solution but a workarround, i don't use saved sessions in kde and have a script in ~/.kde/Autostart with things I want to start, might as well try that

Board footer