You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-20 07:23:20

nwo

Awesome WM and floating windows

Hello everyone!
I am using awesome WM and it seems to be bugless as it was reported at the main page of the project.
But I have two problems which I hadn't solved yet.
1. When I switch from float tag to tiled one the keyboard shortcuts become frozen, nothing works, I could not even switch to another tag until I use mouse (for exemple, switch to another tag with mouse, and the everyting works fine).
2. Does it possible to make awesome remember floating windows size? For example, my opera windows is always fullscreened (even statusbars are overlaped!) after restart of it. But I don't like it. Meanwhile, valknut, also floating window, always has the same size.
Any ideas? Thank you.

#2 2008-06-20 08:29:13

Abelian

Re: Awesome WM and floating windows

1. Do you a error somehwere? Look in .xsession-errors
2. With awesome-git it remembers my window size for me. Additionally, there is a setting in the lua config that allows for "smart" window placement - this means applications don't overlap the statusbar.

Last edited by Abelian (2008-06-20 08:32:39)

#3 2008-06-24 07:30:15

nwo

Re: Awesome WM and floating windows

I don't have any error in .xsession-errors log. I've noticed that this problem is shown up when I move from Opera which is floating to _empty_ tag. Exactly empty, and what is very ridiculous, it happens sometimes, not every time.
I have awesome-2.3. And what is strange too is that other floating vindows, for example, valknut remember the previous size, but opera starts every time at fullscreen. Goddammit. I don't have any clue.
But still, awesome is awesome! smile

Board footer