You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-25 06:09:19

ioky

I can't get the connect to work after base installion.

Hello, everyone, I am new to Arch Linux.

I follow the installation guide install Arch Linux, Everything run pretty smooth, except at the part when I need to choose the package, I am not so sure what I am doing. So I choose everything except for the thing that I am sure I would never need.

When the installation is complete, I try to go to the next setup which update my system, but some how, I can't get the connection working, switch mean, I couldn't do anything beyond that. (both wireless and wired network, BTW I am using DSL and I do try the adsl thing)

Every thing seem make sense to me during the installation, but I just can't get the network connection working.

BTW: my laptop is a Toshiba portege M100.

Any idea?

Thanks

Last edited by ioky (2008-06-25 06:18:58)

#2 2008-06-25 23:14:19

ArchGentoo

Re: I can't get the connect to work after base installion.

Try typing in:
dhcpcd eth0 (or whatever interface you are using)

and hit enter, I had the same type of problem and this woke up my network connection.

Edit: Also, once you gain your connection up and running, you might want to install ifplugd.  It is a daemon which will automatically configure your Ethernet device when a cable is plugged in and automatically unconfigure it if the cable is pulled, which is good for laptops.  Once installed make sure you put it in /etc/rc.conf under the DAEMONS section.

Here is some info in the wiki http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Configuring_network

Last edited by ArchGentoo (2008-06-26 01:22:45)

Board footer