You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-25 13:32:58

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

Need a volunteer to correct WPA_supplicant page

As the title suggests. smile
The existing wiki article is woefully out-of-date, and I have no experience with wpa, or I would do it me-self. wink
I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone is feeling up to modernizing and cleaning it up, as it is quite wordy at this point.
Thanks!
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wpa … This_First

#2 2008-06-25 17:04:39

kjon

Re: Need a volunteer to correct WPA_supplicant page

Misfit, I do use WPA a lot, since I have a doble-bridge and router WL-network arrangement at home (with that, I got 500 mts. of range with 90% of the signal). I must clarify that I'm not an expert with WPA, but I know how to handle most of the problems. I got an athereos, a ralink and a few dlink cards, so I know to make my way along the different drivers that wpa_supplicant handles. Also, I created a tiny patch to solve a few of the most common wicd issues.

The problem, probably, is that the english isn't my "default" language. If you wish, I can write a little bit about the WPA and it's configuration, but I'm going to need some help with the language itself.

ok. That's all, I hope my help might be useful.

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#3 2008-06-25 17:31:33

Misfit138
Misfit Emeritus

kjon, thanks for stepping up to volunteer, I appreciate it.
I will gladly clean up the language. The most important part is laying down an accurate method and procedure for installation, configuration and utilization at this point.
Thanks again!

#4 2008-06-25 17:37:58

kjon

okay. I'll manage it. Just I need the time this afternoon. Finishing clases, I'll get my coffee and switch the mood to start writing.

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#5 2008-07-05 19:57:52

LTSmash
Website

kjon wrote:

okay. I'll manage it. Just I need the time this afternoon. Finishing clases, I'll get my coffee and switch the mood to start writing.

That or you may write it in spanish, and let me translate it big_smile

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

Board footer