You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-25 14:05:29

Sigismund

[solved] Xfce - xfwm won't accept theme change

Hello,

I have a little problem with xfce theme management. When I change themes using the User Interface Settings dialog in xfce, the gtk theme changes allright, but the window decorations remain always the same except they change color.

In other words I'm stuck with the Xfce default window decorations. I'm only able to change the color of the title bar and window border, but not it's looks. I triple checked the directories with themes. Permissions seem to be allright. I does this with themes I installed in ~/.themes as well as the default themes that came in the xfwm4-themes package.

Anyone came across this problem?

Last edited by Sigismund (2008-06-25 16:41:37)

#2 2008-06-25 14:19:47

KimTjik

Re: [solved] Xfce - xfwm won't accept theme change

I'm not sure I understand your question correct, but the GUI "window manager" does allow you to change window boarders. Hence you can combine gtk themes with different boarders, but not in the same GUI dialogue. Or do you have some more serious problem?

Last edited by KimTjik (2008-06-25 14:20:37)

#3 2008-06-25 14:27:45

Sigismund

Well, I probably didn't describe it too well... wink

If I understand it correctly, themes in Xfce have two main parts -  the GTK theme (widgets) and the Xfwm theme (window decorations). When I select a theme in then Xfce UI settings, it should change both the widget theme and the window decorations theme, right? (of course depending on the particular theme)

My problem is that when I select a theme, only the GTK theme is applied correctly. The xfwm theme applies only colors to the window borders, but the Minimize/maximize/close/etc. buttons as well as the height of the title bar remain the same.

It is nothing "serious", only that I want the window decorations to go with the style of the rest of my desktop... wink

#4 2008-06-25 16:43:48

Sigismund

Hehe,

the problem was, as often, between the chair and the keyboard wink

I missed the config dialog for the xfwm window manager. Now I've found it. I'm sorry for spamming the forums, but I've switched to Xfce only recently. wink

Board footer