You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-26 01:09:52

xPlozion
Website

k9copy Unbearably Slow

Hello,

Recently, I have noticed that k9copy was unbearably slow compared to what it's normally like.  Nearly unresponsive the whole time.  I was wondering if anybody knows a workaround to it, or if it has to do with some KDE libraries (btw, I'm running Gnome).  What used to take it ~20 minutes to backup a DVD is literally taking hours, and it's not even close to being done.  I haven't had a problem for the ~6 months that I've been using it until now.  It also likes to spit out DCOPServer errors and crash eventually, and whilst I Googled it, came up with no useful answers.

If anybody knows why it's acting up, or if they have any suggestions, your help is greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Gnome 2.22.2
k9copy 1.2.3-1 (from AUR) and from version that used to be in the repo.
and the basic requirements for k9copy to run (also had KDE fully installed to see if it would work, but since uninstalled due to program clutter from KDE)

Thank you in advance.

-James

#2 2008-06-26 02:02:10

theringmaster
Website

Re: k9copy Unbearably Slow

xPlozion wrote:

Hello,

Recently, I have noticed that k9copy was unbearably slow compared to what it's normally like.  Nearly unresponsive the whole time.  I was wondering if anybody knows a workaround to it, or if it has to do with some KDE libraries (btw, I'm running Gnome).  What used to take it ~20 minutes to backup a DVD is literally taking hours, and it's not even close to being done.  I haven't had a problem for the ~6 months that I've been using it until now.  It also likes to spit out DCOPServer errors and crash eventually, and whilst I Googled it, came up with no useful answers.

If anybody knows why it's acting up, or if they have any suggestions, your help is greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Gnome 2.22.2
k9copy 1.2.3-1 (from AUR) and from version that used to be in the repo.
and the basic requirements for k9copy to run (also had KDE fully installed to see if it would work, but since uninstalled due to program clutter from KDE)

Thank you in advance.

-James

try running it in a terminal and see if there are any errors, and check and see if you have your hostname in your /etc/hosts file.

Check me out on twitter!!! twitter.com/The_Ringmaster

Board footer