You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-28 07:05:31

jizzyjesus

booting existing arch as rw from installcd

I recently tried reinstalling windows because I had messed up my windows boot sector that grub pointed to awhile back. Well I forgot that windows is picky and it would completely destroy my grub MBR and would not reinstall itself.. so my MBR is not setup correctly anymore. So I downloaded the latest arch installcd and booted it... well it is different from when i installed it of course. I am trying to boot my arch partition.. I figured out the [E]edit of the grub boot.. have it on the right partition and it boots. The problem I'm having is reinstalling grub or mounting this root as RW instead of RO... I changed that boot option in there from RO to RW but that does not seem to do anything. So I want to figure out why it keeps booting it as Read only and hits the emergency repair. When I follow the instructions of the emergency repair to boot RW instead of RO it still doesn't have an MBR to boot it RW.

I hope I'm not being a complete idiot.. please help me. I even tried booting the live and doing chroot.. but I'm even more confused with that.. grub install does not seem to work. So well I hope you don't look down on me.. I figured everything else of arch without asking. I don't know what to do.. I want my arch back, don't want to lose anything.

And P.S. I'm sorry for weird grammar I'm a little drunk... but I don't think it is messing me too much smile please help...

#2 2008-06-28 08:06:46

luca

Re: booting existing arch as rw from installcd

#3 2008-06-28 10:49:29

jizzyjesus

my installation must be strange, I have weird errors. will get back to you. god I hate windows installs.

#4 2008-06-29 20:27:04

jizzyjesus

Allright.. fixed, thanks. All the things i searched in the wiki never lead me to that page. Thanks for the direction.

Board footer