You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-09 10:28:02

Gruntz

Samsing e250, Bluetooth, pair PC and Mobile

Hi everyone

I have an USB bluetooth up and running on my computer. I can scan for devices, and the computer find my mobile phone successfully, but I am unable to pair them. When I try to connecto to the phone, via "obexftp -b 00:1f:cc:b1:df:7e -l", there is a message popping on the phone that says "Enter PIN To Pair With PC".  I set a PIN for BlueZ in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf, but it does not work. I tried with the PIN from my SIM card, but it do not work too. What is that PIN that I have to enter on the mobile phone? Where can I find it, or I am doing something wrong?

How are you pairing your phones and bluetooth devices too? What programs are you using to mount the phone, and upload data on phone`s microSD? And is there a such think. I am using bluetooth device for the first time in my life.

Regards.

#2 2008-07-09 10:57:09

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Samsing e250, Bluetooth, pair PC and Mobile

the pin should be the one in hcid.conf ....I had a samsung phone and took some setting up... depending on which DE you use there are tools out there for images and music you may find that using a file manager is enough for other things like texts etc mat be a bit more tricky

try reading the wiki guides and searching the web for your phone and linux

MrG

Mr Green

#3 2008-07-27 20:26:35

olejorgenb

Re: Samsing e250, Bluetooth, pair PC and Mobile

I think you need to use a dbus pin provider
start dbus
start/restart bluetooth
passkey-agent --default 1234 # or your pin
connect

Board footer