You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-09 17:31:41

Mister Auron

Editing videos on EeePC?

Hello again, arch linux forums,
I am having a bit of trouble finding the application I am looking for.  My desktop computer currently does not have internet, and won't have access for another week.  In the time remaining, I wanted to post a few youtube videos on certain subjects.  I planned to write out what I had to say, and then turn this into wav files using espeak.  I would then create a video consisting of this text2speech, clips refering to the subject I am talking about in the video, and perhaps subtitles.  I have completed the first two steps, but I am in need of a small video editor.  I am posting from a 2g Eeepc surf, and only have room for a 100-200 MB application (depending on cache, and the size of the video clips).  I have used cinelerra on my desktop, and I know it supports the formats I want to use, but I'm not sure it will work too well.

I need a video editor that will do the following:
-import .wav
-import .mp4 (video clips)
-export to a youtube supported format.  .ogg appears to be supported!
-can edit in subtitles
-will run on my small machine

I installed kino, and it seems to have the editing abilities I need, but lacks in format support.  If there is not a video editor that fits my needs, is there perhaps a video converter that will do the trick?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Mister Auron (2008-07-09 17:59:52)

#2 2008-07-09 20:42:19

Lyceuhns

Re: Editing videos on EeePC?

Avidemux does a great work.

#3 2008-07-10 21:28:21

Mister Auron

Re: Editing videos on EeePC?

Okay,  I edited the video, and I am trying to render it now.  I can get the video to render, but the audio jumps a lot.  I tried rendering it into different formats, but it didn't work.   I think it is an issue with the bit rate.  How can I stop the audio from skipping?

Board footer